Raw Vegan Sous Chef
Provides full-time assistance with the creation of current and new products at our commercial location and overseas kitchen staff. Represent the company off-site at events and trade-shows as required. This role will be demanding and challenging at times, so attention to detail, a positive attitude, and a strong work ethic is a must.
Duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for the making of all our products at our commercial kitchen.
• Follow operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all partners during each shift.
• Maintain a clean and organized work environment during and after completing tasks.
• Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
• Occasionally assist with setting-up booths, promoting, and selling our products in-store, at Farmer’s Markets, events, and trade-shows.
• Maintain inventory and occasionally perform inventory counts.
• Receive deliveries from suppliers.
• Occasionally assist with delivering products to customers as required.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job
Education: Culinary Arts
Certifications: Food Sanitation and Hygiene Certificate is preferred.
Related Experience: Minimum one (1) year of experience as a Chef, preferably raw vegan chef. Must be knowledgeable of Raw vegan diet.
• Good knowledge and understanding of the vegan diet
• Must have good communication skills in English
• Ability to learn quickly
• Must have a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
• High attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions
• Ability to build relationships
• Ability to work ethically with minimal or no supervision
• Maintains good hygiene
• Constant standing/walking
• Occasional stooping, kneeling, pushing, lifting, or carrying up to 50lbs
• Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine
• Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work in the commercial kitchen
• Frequent POS (Point of Sale) register usage
• Constant execution of repetitive tasks
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Edmonton, AB
Required experience: Raw Vegan Chef - 1 year
Required license or certification: Drivers License
Required education: Culinary
Send your resumé and cover letter here.