Nabati Foods Inc. is a startup plant-based food processor based in Edmonton that offers whole natural plant-based foods for health-conscious consumers.
The Sales Manager works closely with the President to promote and sell Nabati’s product offerings to National and Regional Retail Chains as well as Independents across Canada. This role will be based in a Canadian metro-market and will be critical in developing, managing, and growing Nabati’s sales while being instrumental in building Nabati’s presence in the Canadian Market.
- Develop and grow relationships with key customers, brokers, and distributors.
• Present company products and new innovation to new and existing customers.
- Conduct category reviews, gain sales, and establish accounts.
- Generate and grow sales within existing customer base and new accounts.
• Accountable for retail execution of brand and trade strategies.
- Develop and manage collaborative strategic partnerships and joint business plans with key customers.
• Monitor category trends, issues, risks, and opportunities.
- Attend and participate in trade shows and other sales events.
• Collaborate with President to develop short-term and long-term account business plans.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
- At Minimum a Bachelor’s degree (BA or BS) from a University.
- Minimum 5-7 years of CPG/food retail sales experience in selling refrigerated and or frozen grocery.
- Proven multi-account management and sales experience from a consumer-packaged goods company or from a food brokerage firm.
- Experience calling on Loblaws, Sobeys, Save on Foods, and Walmart.
- Experience working with startups is preferred.
- Desire and positive attitude for challenges.
- Strong understanding of category management principals.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Ideally located in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Ability to travel within Canada.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Problem solving and analytical skills to interpret sales performance and market trend information.
- Must possess strong verbal and written skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed.
To apply, please send your resume by clicking here.