Nabati Foods Inc. is a startup plant-based food processor based in Edmonton that offers whole natural plant-based foods for health-conscious consumers.
The QA Associate reports to the QA Manager and works closely with Production Team to monitor production processes at our facilities to ensure all products meet company quality and food safety requirements during plant operations. Thus ensuring compliance with all company, regulatory, and Global Food Safety Initiative standards. This role will be based in Edmonton, Alberta at the company’s HQ and will be operating at all sites.
- Maintain and improve of existing processes to ensure continuously appropriate and compliant operation of quality processes.
- Work closely with production teams to facilitate actions and maintain compliance to the HACCP plan.
- Carry out investigation of GAPs, non-compliances, and customer product quality complaints.
- Utilise quality tools and techniques to perform and document full root cause investigations, to evaluate and resolve quality issues, and to enhance continuous improvement.
- Maintain, update, and improve quality management system process documents and documentation.
- Perform all necessary testing as per HACCP plan.
- Perform data analyses, prepare quality trend/metrics, and report results to internal interested parties.
- Create and control product specification documents.
- Carry out product quality reviews as required.
- Maintain documentation for HACCP plan and certifying bodies.
- Perform equipment and production room inspections for cleanliness and proper working conditions prior to start-up and post production shift.
- Maintain production records in the ERP system.
- Maintain up to date records in the HACCP plan.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
- At Minimum a Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Food Science from a University.
- 0-2 years work experience in food safety.
- Desire and positive attitude for challenges.
- Based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills.
- Must possess strong verbal and written skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and negotiation skills.
- Entrepreneurial, self-directed.
To apply, please send your resume by clicking here.