This our last recipe share for our collaboration with Lole; 10 tales from the veggie patch. We’re excited to pass on this easy, quick, and minimalistic recipe. These rich and fudgy brownies are made out of 5 ingredients only and no baking is required. Raw brownies are the perfect guilt-free comfort food. They are full of flavour and they taste a lot like the traditional brownies we’re all familiar with.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Dehydration time: 15 min – 24 hours
Shelf life: up to 6 months
Makes about 24 mini brownies
2/3 cup Walnuts
2/3 cup Almond flour
1 & 2/3 cup Dates
4 TBSP Cocoa powder
1-2 drops of Vanilla Paste
Optional: Chocolate layer on top
Coconut oil, cocoa powder and agave to taste. You can also add coconut milk for a milk chocolate
- Wash your dates and pit them if they are not pitted already
- Soak dates for 5-15 minutes or more if not soft enough
- In the meantime, pulse walnuts in your food processor or crush them manually into small chunks.
- Keep some of walnuts aside to add at the end to have more crunchy walnuts in your brownies
- When dates are soft, mix all ingredients in food processor or manually*.
- Mix-in your pieces of walnut at the end
- You can either use a brownie mold or just spread the brownie batter on a non-stick surface and cut it into square or rectangular brownies
- Freeze them for at least 15 minutes or until they hold their shape. This also works if you leave them in the fridge for a couple or hour. You can store them in the freezer for at least 6 months.
– We recommend dehydrating them instead for 24 hours to get shelf-stable brownies that you can store in an airtight container in your cupboards. They should be good for at least a month.
*If mixing manually, start with making date paste by cutting up the dates and smooshing them into a paste. It will not be as smooth as mixing it in the food processor but it will still taste as good.
Let us know if you try our recipe. Share any pictures and feedback you have in the comments below or tag us on your social media posts with the hashtag #NabatiFoods