The easiest ice cream to make also happens to be the healthiest and cheapest of them all. You mainly need one ingredient: Bananas. Yes. No dairy, no added sugars, no unhealthy fats, and no ice cream maker needed. You can get as creative as you want and add any flavours and toppings you might be craving. Because we are peanut butter addicts, we went for that this time.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: at least 2 hours. Best overnight
Shelf life: Best consumed right away
Servings: 2-3 servings
3 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
Optional: ¼ cup of coconut milk or other non-dairy milk
Peanuts, crushed almonds, cinnamon and chocolate syrup
- Peel bananas and cut into thin slices. Place banana slices on a tray or in a Ziploc bag and put in the freezer for a few hours or over night, which is best.
- Put your frozen banana slices in a food processor or a powerful blender and add in the peanut butter.
- Mix until smooth. You can add some non-dairy milk to help get the consistency you want.
- Add your toppings and serve immediately for soft serve.
- If you prefer harder ice cream, put the mixture in an air tight container and refreeze for 1-2 hours and then scoop it out with an ice cream scoop.
An important note for this recipe is to make sure you use very ripe bananas that have started to spot. This will make the blending easier and will enhance the sweetness and the flavour of your ice cream.
What is your favourite ice cream flavour? Share any photos or comments you may have, either in the comments below or by tagging us on social media with the hashtag #NabatiFoods