Who doesn't love a couple of warm, crispy-on-the-outside, gooey on the inside French Toast slices for Sunday brunch? You can keep your brunch plant based and still indulge using our Nabati Plant Eggz™.
Recipe (makes 4 slices)
Prep Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 5-10 min
- 1/3 cup Nabati Plant Eggz™
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk alternative
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 slices of your favourite bread
- Oil/coconut butter to grease your frying pan
- Shake your bottle of Nabati Plant Eggz™ well, then with a hand whisk, whisk together the Eggz, plant-based milk, and vanilla. Pour it into a shallow bowl for dipping.
- Heat up your frying pan. Lightly grease the pan with either a dash of vegetable oil or ½ a tsp of coconut butter.
- While the pan is warming up, dip your bread into the Eggz-mix so that the outside is coated, but just soaked through to the inside of the bread. Place the slice onto the warm to hot pan. Continue to dip the remaining slices only as you are ready to fry them.
- After about 2-3 minutes, flip the French Toast over to the other side. Cook for another 2- 3 minutes. The outside of the bread should look golden and cooked, with the centre looking slightly soft… just like regular French Toast.
- Garnish with your favourite toppings and serve hot.