Vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, no-bake, raw, oil-free, refined sugar-free, soy-free
This creamy chocolate pudding is a great and convenient option for breakfast or as a snack. It is high in protein, fibre, and omega-3 fatty acids. The recipe is very simple and it can be whipped up in a few minutes. The best part is that it does not require a blender or any fancy equipment. The only challenge in making this dessert-like meal is having the patience to let it sit for a bit without devouring the whole thing. You can actually enjoy this pudding almost immediately but it tastes best after a few hours once the chia seeds have absorbed all the chocolaty goodness.
Prepare this the day before you plan to consume it. It can sit in the fridge for about 3 days. Ideally, you can prepare it on a Sunday afternoon and have your breakfast ready to go for at least Monday and Tuesday.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Soaking time: At least 30 minutes. Best Overnight.
Shelf life: 3 days in the fridge
Servings: 2-4 servings
1/3 cup Chia seeds
1.5 cup *Coconut Milk
½ – ¼ cup Cacao to taste
2 – 5 tbsp raw agave or sweetener of choice
¼-½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp vanilla paste
Optional: any nuts, fruits, shredded coconut or seeds
*Other types of milk can be used but measurements might differ
- Put all ingredients, except chia seeds, in a bowl and whisk for a few seconds to combine. Start with the lower quantities of Cacao, sweetener and cinnamon then add more at the end if desired.
- Add in the chia seeds and stir till it is combined with the liquid preparation. You want to let the chia seeds soak up a little bit then stir again to de-clump the mixture. This is somewhat optional as the chia seeds will end up soaking up as much liquid as possible after you let it sit for a while.
- Cover and let it rest in the fridge overnight or at least 30 minutes at room temperature. You just want to give it some time to thicken up.
- If you do not enjoy the chewiness of chia seeds, you can quickly blend the pudding on high speed for a minute or two to get a smooth pudding consistency.
- Add desired toppings and serve chilled or heat it up if you prefer something warm on a cold winter day.
Almost all the ingredients in this recipe can be substituted with something else expect the chia seeds. You could use frozen bananas instead if you are blending everything in a blender or food processor but you will end up with something quite different and it will have to be consumed right away since bananas oxidize fairly quickly.
Let us know if you try our recipe. We’d love to see pictures and read any feedback you have. Please comment below or tag us on your social media posts with the hashtag #NabatiFoods